Friday, April 12, 2013

Need to know

If you're reading this blog, I'm going to assume you think I'm the funniest, most interesting person in the world.

Or that you want to keep up with what's going on in Harper's life.

Or that you are bored.

But in any case, if you're reading and don't know me well, there are some things you should know about me... here are the first 5.

5. I love potatoes. French fried, mashed, baked, raw, sweet. Give me a potato and I am satisfied. Super food? Perhaps not, but oh so delicious!

4. I am absolutely 1000% not a morning person. Like prior to 8am, you probably don't want to talk to me. Jake learned this extremely fast in our marriage. Harper has not learned this.  Sleeping in is not her strongest suit and by the time she does, I'll probably be unable to sleep in myself.  So when the time comes, I'll just wake her up as payback...

3. I really like Dr Pepper and I don't like water.  But because I am an adult (lame), I drink water.  Which means you can't judge me.

2. I am a nurse. This comes in handy as a mother.  It also makes motherhood, and living, the scariest thing ever. I know a lot the bad stuff that could be happening in our bodies even though it's probably not.  Thankfully, I am not a slave to fear! And we are pretty healthy. Its a mostly win/win situation.

1. I'm a procrastinating perfectionist.  I would really really like for everything I do to be perfect.  Experience and laser levels have shown me that, most likely, this will not always be the case.  So, how do I manage this?  I procrastinate.  This way, at least, I have an excuse as to why something isn't perfect.  I'm aware this is slightly misguided.  But I'm working on it.  Or I will be working on it later...

Stay tuned for a series beginning next week.  It's going to be called, "The 12 days of Harper"... yeah, I know what you people really want.

Abigail



No comments:

Post a Comment