Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy 6 Months!

It's time for the second installment of High Five! I can hear the applause all the way from Baton Rouge...
This one is dedicated to my sweet and funny 6 month old! You know what happened? I blinked.  A second ago I was trying to keep tiny mittens on an even tinier baby. Now, I'm trying to keep sweet potatoes off of all my clothes. I know you all told me this would happen, so I just wanted to make sure you knew you were right. I blinked and she is half of a year old. I'm going to try to keep my eyes open for the rest of my life.  Maybe then she won't get any older. Or something like that...
Anyway, here are the top 5 things I love about having a 6 month old

5. You get to cut in line to vote. Shaved a good 45 minutes off my wait. I need to time it to always have a baby during election years...

4. Attachment.  She loves me. She really loves me! It is so sweet that she has attached herself to me and Jake. I'm soaking it up now because I know that one day she'll have a car and be all like "later, playuz."

3. Three naps and 11 hours of sleep at night.  This is probably the pinnacle of sleep that we will get in her life. I literally thank God every day that she is such a good sleeper.

2. Singing fixes everything. Boredom. Sadness. Anger. Restlessness. All of these can be remedied with This Little Light of Mine or a good Postal Service song.  Wouldn't it be nice if this worked for adults?!?!

1. Seeing things like they are new. I get to see things through Harper's eyes every day and it makes the ordinary so much more special.  I had forgotten how funny Ruby is and how cute Jake is in the morning. Harper reminds me to find joy in the little things.  

Don't be surprised if this little lady shows up on Fridays a lot.  She's fun to talk about!

Happy November,
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment