Friday, November 23, 2012

Ode to Thanksgiving pt. 2

Last week for high five, I shared about my favorite foods. I hope you enjoyed a little taste of the holidays at my house.  This one will be a little bit deeper.  These are the things I'm most thankful for, in no particular order.

5. Dr. Pepper. The drink that will be in heaven. If you know me, you know I love humor. So, sorry, but I couldn't be exclusively serious.  

4. The Church.  I've learned to love the Word, the person in front of me, and the people across the world by being in the church. I love the way God uses the church to shape us and the world around us. His plan is the best plan and I've been blessed to be part of it my whole life.  Celebration, Antioch-Waco, Antioch BR: I would not be who I am today without you!

3. Family.  McBrayers, Griffins, team, old and new friends. Some we are blessed to be born with and others come beside us in different seasons. Whatever category you fall into, I am rich because of you.  You bring security and fun and refreshment into my life.

2. Jake and Harper.  How could you not love those faces?  I love that they both are so sure of themselves and know what they want.  It's helpful to an indecisive person like me.  This has been a big year for our family. One that proves to me we can do anything relying on the promises of God. I love them more everyday!



1. Grace.  I've been given the most selfless, loving, and personal gift. This gift is Jesus and He offers himself to all of us.  I am eternally and daily changed by this grace, this gift.

What are you thankful for?

Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment