Friday, January 25, 2013

Trendy McTrenderson

If you're wondering why I sometimes write these lists, start here.  Then commence with the hysterical laughing. Or at least, maybe, a smile?

There are trends that I would rather not say I participated in.  Purple overalls. Beanie Babies.  Saying "no duh." Abercrombie and Fitch. You get the idea. Of course hindsight is 20/20.  I mean, why did anyone believe that Beanie Babies were going to be worth millions?? Well, I feel like I've learned a few things in all those years of being swayed by the moment.  Therefore, here are some things I'm proud to say I did not take part in...

*Disclaimer: No shame on you if you did these things below.  We all make mistakes, you know?

5. Furby. Just say no to creepy, talking animals. Though, I hear they're making a comeback, so I'll have to make sure Harper steers clear, too.

4. Pirate pants.  Or Aladdin pants.  These were basically modern culottes. Like this:
They were made of jersey cotton which I will admit probably made them comfortable, but even that did not sway me!

3.  The Simpsons/Beavis and Butthead/Southpark.  I'd actually like to thank my parents for not letting me watch these.  I have always loved that I have no idea who these people are, or what makes them so funny. I'm pretty confident that I didn't miss anything.

2.  Doc Martins.  Ok, I'll be honest.  I really wanted a pair of these.  Buuuuut I didn't get any.  So now I'll just throw it in your face that I didn't stoop to paying a million dollars for shoes that probably messed  with your posture. So there. But if you still have some laying around...

1. The Lady Gaga/Katy Perry/Nicki Minaj/Kesha/Rihanna trend.  I just don't think that being weird and edgy for weird and edgy's sake should make you famous.  I'm sure they all have talent, but I can't tell because the pink wigs and bacon dresses are blurring my vision.  I don't really think Rihanna is that weird or edgy but I just don't want to hear about how she found love in a hopeless place ever, ever again.

Any trends you're proud to say you abstained from?

Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment