Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Difference in Days.

This week has been, well... I don't know the word.  Crazy, shocking, full, short.

Monday, I was worried about getting clean sheets on the guest bed.  Friday, I was holding my baby and tearfully offering prayers on behalf of the mothers and fathers who don't have that privilege anymore. My prayers have ranged from pleading for comfort to crying out for healing for our nation and repenting for closing my eyes to the wounds of the people in front of me.

I've been reminded once again that this life is short, and very far from heaven.  When something so tragic happens, it's easy for me to want to just shut down and move on from the hurt and pain. I don't want to deal with the rising feelings of past personal tragedies and hopelessness in the world. I'd rather just forget.  But I'm learning that forgetting is a short term solution.  Remembering is the real key to healing and peace. Remembering the present and intended goodness of God.  Remembering His faithfulness in the face of this senseless loss.  Remembering His promise of heaven. Remembering His nearness in the midst of miscarriage. Remembering the hope that abides in the person of Jesus. Remembering that prayer is powerful and effective.  Remembering doesn't make everything magically better, but it, sometimes slowly but surely, brings restoration.

Prayer might be the only thing we can do for the families, friends, and community of Newtown, CT and for our nation right now. So, please pray with me. Pray that God would heal their broken hearts and bind up our wounds (Psalm 147:3).  Pray that what the enemy intends for evil, God would use for good (Genesis 50:20). Pray that people would find hope in Jesus (Hebrews 6:19-20)  Just pray.        

Abigail        

No comments:

Post a Comment