Friday, December 21, 2012

A Christmas High Five

I lovelovelovelovelove Christmas. I mean, it's absolutely my favorite holiday.  It's possible that we would get into an argument if you disagree.  I love presents, lights, snow, Jesus, traditions, music, surprises... what is there not to like?  I would like to dedicate this High Five to my favorite Christmas movies and their quotes.

5. Charlie Brown Christmas.  I think it's a given. My favorite reading of the Christmas story, by far. "And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid."

4. Home Alone.  I know some people (you know who you are...) don't appreciate the family dynamics in this movie, but I just laugh SO hard when I watch it.  Plus, I'm pretty sure I picked up the habit of talking to myself in the mirror from Kevin. "...including all my major crevices; including in between my toes and in my belly button, which I never did before but sort of enjoyed."

3. Elf. It's so outrageous that it almost feels real. "I like to whisper, too."

2. It's a Wonderful Life.  It definitely is wonderful when you're watching this movie.  Jimmy Stewart is magnificent.  The time period is perfect.  The story is moving.  "I wish I had a million dollars. Hot dog!"

1. White Christmas. I only need to say Bing Crosby, but I will say more.  I love musicals.  I love the WWII era. It's funny.  It's romantic. *Spoiler alert* There's snow. Yeah, I think I'll watch it again now.  "I looked at the this big ski lodge, and I thought, 'isn't it ideal?'"

I can't wait to introduce this little one to her first Christmas!


Do you have any movies I should add?

No comments:

Post a Comment